ABBYY FlexiCapture has enabled organizations around the world to efficiently apply their business rules to document intake, distribution and storage at the time of receipt. By uniting state-of-the-art Natural Language Processing (NLP), machine learning and advanced recognition capabilities, ABBYY FlexiCapture handles even the most complex free-form documents and scales to jobs of any size.
To enhance traditional analytics and process mining, ABBYY acquired TimelinePI in May of 2019—a comprehensive process intelligence platform that provides an end-to-end view of business processes—helping organizations find gaps, loops, terminations and overlaps. Coupled with FlexiCapture, ABBYY Timeline can optimize workflows, deliver critical process insights and identify where in a process the business rules are resulting in work-arounds.
Together, these two ABBYY solutions provide advanced task and process mining using the latest artificial intelligence (AI), translating to a more transparent view of your business and existing processes.
How Does ABBYY Timeline Work?
ABBYY Timeline creates an interactive digital twin of business processes, which analyzes them in real time to identify bottlenecks and predict future outcomes. Timeline can examine desktop user interaction (task mining), analyze existing data (process mining) to quickly identify opportunities for improvement by monitoring ongoing performance.
In four simple steps, ABBYY Timeline helps organizations discover and visual process execution details:
- Process Discovering & Mapping – Unearth the root cause of inefficiencies or bottlenecks in customer experience by analyzing desktop user interaction data.
- Process Analysis & Optimization – Equip your organization with a thorough overview of each and every step performed by a person and/or machine involved in a business process.
- Process Monitoring and Alerting – Eliminate bad and/or inefficient processes before they can further disrupt your organizational workflow
- Process Prediction and Forecasting – Combine process mining with machine learning and artificial intelligence to achieve fully automated insights to forecast future processes.
Pairing ABBYY Timeline with FlexiCapture
By combining the powers of ABBYY Timeline with an existing FlexiCapture solution, business owners are now able to discover patterns and insights in document workflows that will lead to better operational efficiency. The duo can answer important business questions—what is my process? How are my processes performing? Are my processes compliant? What will happen in the future with the current process?
Another important benefit of incorporating both FlexiCapture and Timeline is the end-to-end view of compliance. By enabling an organization with the ability to track the lifecycle of every document they process, FlexiCapture and Timeline provide a full audit trail of documents that are essential for regulatory compliance. This allows organizations to provide evidence of every step a document has taken—across all processes and all systems—significantly reducing the risk for any company. From scan, through workflow, to archive, to disposition—FlexiCapture and Timeline combine to provide full visibility of business processes around these important business assets.
What Industries Could Benefit from Combining Timeline with FlexiCapture?
- Insurance – Processing claims is a complicated cycle that involves a variety of steps and interventions. Timeline for FlexiCapture applications can optimize these steps and help secure customer loyalty. By using process analytics, insurance companies can deliver business value for internal staff, adjusters, third-party support organizations and all of the other personnel involved in the lifecycle of a claim.
- Banking/Financial Services – The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a radical shift in how banks and financial services operate, accelerating the need for digital transformation more aggressively that ever before. With Timeline and FlexiCapture, banks and financial service providers can leverage process data to increase growth and profitability, while realizing new efficiencies that can support risk and regulatory compliance priorities.
- Healthcare – Patient experience is paramount in healthcare, a principle that is enhanced by implementing Timeline with an existing FlexiCapture application. Intelligent processes help you understand what’s working, what isn’t, and why.
- Accounts Payable (AP) – Accounts payable staff are traditionally overburdened with mountains of invoices and related documents. Identify and optimize AP process to reduce inefficiencies, determine optimum allocation of resources, improve supplier relations and free your staff to perform more enterprise-centric duties.
Ready for a transparent, thorough and high-level view of your business processes? Contact Western Integrated Systems today and our team will tailor a solution that is right for your situation. Whether you are a Fortune 500 company or a small startup, Western has been providing digital transformation solutions for its clients for more than 40 years.