Accounts Payable Automation
In today’s world, everyone knows AP automation is the key to top performance, but not everyone knows how to make the change. The number one factor in not implementing Business Process Systems is fear of change and the disruption to the way it’s always been done. The second factor is lack of a project plan to reduce that disruption to a minimum. Western Integrated Systems can change that with our project methodologies, change management processes, and our people.
What is Accounts Payable Automation
An accounts payable department is designed to facilitate the smooth flow of transactions from vendors and service providers after a set of rules have been established. They also ensure employee expenses are reimbursed, in addition to a variety of other functions that drive businesses. But what happens when this process becomes bogged down by volume, late payments, and/or hiccups along the way?
The short answer is that business suffers. Vendor and employee relationships can be jeopardized by lost invoices, late payments, or miscommunication. Human error can result in exposing your company to organizational risks, while document routing to or from the wrong source can have serious consequences.
These problems are often caused by the root issue of mismanaging paper documents. So why not eliminate that variable completely? The modern enterprise can’t expect to hire employees who don’t make mistakes, nor can they expect every vendor to pay on time, every time.
A document management system can help organizations realize a comprehensive solution that will help streamline this process so that your business keeps moving forward. They can capture documents at the beginning of their lifecycle, which will eliminate many of the pitfalls that come with managing paper documents. Those documents can then be routed to the appropriate personnel, based on a designated set of rules that are in line with an organization’s workflow structure.
Western Integrated Systems has been pioneering digital transformations for clients since 1981. Our 40 years of experience in the industry means we have both the experience and knowledge to tailor a solution for your enterprise—one that will help drive your bottom line and increase efficiency.
- Files are scanned and automatically routed to appropriate staff for signing or verification.
- With a document management system, files are safeguarded against information ending up in the wrong hands.
- Documents are automatically queued and matched to invoices to complete the reconciliation process.
- Multiple invoices for a single vendor built in.
- Images on checks and/or payment data are captured and imported into the system where they can be matched to the correct vendor.
- Document management system can drastically reduce operational costs and prevent potential vendor payment issues.
- Retrieving accounts payable documents can be as easy as a single click with a document management system.
- Users can enjoy the benefits of having all of the organization’s information centralized and indexed for ease of retrieval.
- No more complicated training for new employees that have to search for documents that are housed in a number of different systems.